shellshock and Cent OS 5
Ryan Moore
2014-09-25 14:22:34 UTC
I have a server I use to play around with code that is available for public
access running CentOS 5. What steps should I be taking to deal with this
Shellshock bash issue?

/*
Don't fear the penguin.
*/
Michael Torrie
2014-09-25 14:26:48 UTC
Post by Ryan Moore
I have a server I use to play around with code that is available for public
access running CentOS 5. What steps should I be taking to deal with this
Shellshock bash issue?
I had thought the exploit didn't work on the older version of bash, but
I was incorrect. It apparently does. RHEL5 and CentOS are actively
patched, so I imagine yum update would work, very soon.

/*
Don't fear the penguin.
*/
Michael Torrie
2014-09-25 14:30:45 UTC
Post by Michael Torrie
Post by Ryan Moore
I have a server I use to play around with code that is available for public
access running CentOS 5. What steps should I be taking to deal with this
Shellshock bash issue?
I had thought the exploit didn't work on the older version of bash, but
I was incorrect. It apparently does. RHEL5 and CentOS are actively
patched, so I imagine yum update would work, very soon.
FYI it's on the mirrors already, so just yum update.

/*
Don't fear the penguin.
*/
Ryan Moore